As you may or may not be aware with the changes from the Affordable Care Act you can only purchase health insurance and/or change your coverage during the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), unless you have a qualifying life event that triggers a Special Enrollment Period.
Well 2016 AEP for Obamacare in NC is almost here so if you need to enroll in coverage or change your current plan for 2016 it needs to be completed between Nov 1, 2015 – Jan 31,2016. Below is a chart that shows the date the new plan goes into effect based on when the coverage changes are made:
|Change Date||Policy Effective Date|
|11/1/15 – 12/15/15||1/1/16|
|12/16/15 – 1/15/16||2/1/16|
|1/16/16 – 1/31/16||3/1/16|
Just to recap, to be eligible for health insurance with subsidies through the Marketplace you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Cannot have access to employer coverage…this includes through your employment and spouses employment.
- Must have Modified Annual Gross Income (MAGI) between 100 – 400% Federal Poverty Level. See this page for the chart to see if you fall in the income range
We have helped thousands of North Carolinians successfully enroll in Obamacare in North Carolina and we can help you too. Here is how we help you:
- Help you get qualified for your maximum subsidy amount allowed in the Marketplace.
- Consult with you on information needed to retain your subsidy
- Licensed by all the insurance carriers that provide coverage on the Marketplace so we explain to you the pros and cons of the different plans.
- Help you enroll in the plan that YOU choose making sure that you understand and receive maximum benefits offered.
- All this from never having to leave your home. We handle everything for you via phone and internet…you don’t have to get dress up for us!
- Absolutely NO COST to you. We are compensated by the insurance companies and by using us the plans DO NOT cost any more.
So if you are reading this and would like our assistance and you meet the 2 minimum guidelines listed above, please complete the contact form to the right of this page and we will contact you directly.