Currently carriers are having some technical issues (bumps in the road) with the Exchange (if you have been to the exchange on your own you will know what we are talking about), but we expect that to be worked out in the next week or so.
If you would like to get started with viewing quotes and submitting an application (you don’t have to), just click the button at the bottom of the page. Their are only 4 carriers in North Carolina that are participating in the health insurance exchange (offering subsidized premiums). The steps below will help you understand the process to view your potential subsidy:
Steps to factor in the subsidy estimator:
- Click the button below.
- Enter information for people on the plan.
- Make sure to put in your estimated household income and family size to get an estimate of your subsidy.
- If you are eligible for a subsidy the estimated amount will show up based on the information you put in and this will be factored into the quotes automatically.
- If you qualify for “cost share reductions,” pay close attention to the Silver Enhanced plans. Those are upgraded plans that will give you the most value.
- Click “Get Started” to start the application process
Currently there are technical issues being worked out with the marketplace for qualification of the subsidy. The carrier is working to address this issue ASAP. The application process will let you get to a point right before it finalizes the subsidy (that’s where the technical issue is). It will ask you if you would like to be notified by email when “the Marketplace is ready.” We recommend clicking the button to be emailed when the issues are fixed. This will trigger an automatic email to you letting you know when you can finish your application online. This will prevent/reduce confusion and frustration on trying to figure out when you can complete the process.